Protection for Cards
KURZ is one of the leading suppliers of security technologies and components for cards – such as credit, bank and payment, customer, loyalty or prepaid cards; furthermore ID documents such as identification cards or driving licenses.
Our state-of-the-art-application technology and long-term experience (in card technology since 1970) are providing innovative card designs including data storage and security features for counterfeit-proofing. KURZ creates turn-key solutions and takes care of each card project as a complete package. Our global presence provides not only international local customer service, but also supply chain security. We have identical quality standards worldwide.
The KURZ Card Generator: Try Your Possibilities
Our Cards Portfolio
- Reliable storage and retrieval of data
- Magnetic values in accordance with ISO 7811 or customer's specification
- Simple and fast processability
- Available in all standard coercivity levels
- Suitable for all application processes and a variety of substrates
- Visual enhancement of the card through special colors and designs
- Easy writing properties
- Secure against counterfeiting & manipulation
- Good application properties
- Three layout types: Neutral continuous, customer-specific continuous or single image
- Customized designs for credit cards such as American Express, China UnionPay, DINERS, JCB, MasterCard and VISA
Holographic Effects and OVDs
Easy to communicate, easy to verify, hard to copy.
As a leading supplier of security technology our OVD products offer optical security features and a variety of modular systems including interchangeable features. Gain complete design freedom for your brand mark element with our proprietary technology
- Decoration of the raised lettering on credit cards
- Available in two types: Metallized and pigmented
Cold Indent Foils
- Application of a personalized number onto signature panels or the card surface
- Serves as a reliable, counterfeit-proof security component
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Protection of security-relevant data such as passwords, PIN codes etc.
- Easy to scratch-off
- High coverage
- Clean stamping
- High application speed
- Standard pattern or customized designs
KURZ Magnetic Stripes for a More Positive Environmental Balance Sheet: NVLine Magnetics®
Breathing green life into products with a traditionally high proportion of plastic is a particularly difficult task. But at LEONHARD KURZ we have risen to this challenge. Our environmentally friendly NVLine Magnetics® is the world's first magnetic stripe that is applied to a substrate with recycled content. After application, the PET carrier is completely removed and can be returned to the recycling process.
In addition, we produce our magnetic stripes using a hot stamping process that is particularly energy- and resource-friendly. As a result, you'll see a huge improvement in your environmental footprint. We strive to continuously develop further for a better tomorrow.
Thermal Transfer Ribbons
Whether bank, customer or admission cards – Thermal Transfer Ribbons (TTR) by KURZ bring a new dimension to flexible data handling. They give a whole new outlook on the security and appearance of labeling and personalization.
See for yourself the many opportunities offered by our range of products and its different color ribbon classes.
- High quality reproduction of monochrome pictures, graphics and company emblems
- Wide range of colors
- Highly durable prints
- Transparent overlay for additional protection against abrasion
- Special foil for hidden information only visible under a UV light source
- KURZ Thermal Transfer Ribbons for every purpose
Application Machines for Cards
Sophisticated security technology requires a frictionless integration of advanced foil technology, matched machine systems, and modern application processes.
KURZ develops and builds application machines that meet a diverse range of card requirements. Our specialities are machines for the application of magnetic foils, signature panels, and holographic images.
Many Products, One Contact – Get in Touch with Our Experts from KURZ!
The KURZ Group is constantly investing in the environmental compatibility of our foils to European standards and has an excellent track record of successful developments in this area. Relating to this, the selection of raw materials is crucial. According to REACH they belong to the category 'articles' and therefore do not need to be registered. No poisonous or cancer-including substances are processed at KURZ. We do not use any halogenated solvents. We only use raw materials, whose heavy metal content of cadmium, lead, mercury and chromium (VI) conform to the legislation/directives 94/62/EG (CONEG) and 2011/65/EU (RoHS).
KURZ takes environmental and social responsibility seriously and adheres strictly to its Code of Conduct.
You want more attention for your cards?
Plus a more sustainable production process?
Order our color chart now.